Here you will find all the information required to install the 'Sea of Thieves Closed Beta' via the insider hub.
Here's a few things to check before getting started:
- You are signed into Windows 10, the Store and the Insider Hub with the correct account. Access to the Technical Alpha is linked to your Gamertag, so you must be signed in with the associated email address and password that you used when you signed up for the Sea of Thieves Insider Program.
- Windows 10 Anniversary is installed and up to date (very important)
Now that you've checked all of the above, let's get going.
There are three stages from start to finish: Install the Insider Hub, find Sea of Thieves in the Hub and finally install the game from the Hub and Store. Follow the steps below:
- Press the Start key and open the Store
- Search for and install the Xbox Insider Hub
- Launch the Hub and you'll find Sea of Thieves waiting for you listed under "Insider content"
- Click the icon which will take you through to the Store page
- Click install and the download will begin. The download is around 8GB.
If the game does not appear in the Insider Hub, check the prerequisites above. If the game is still not showing, or is failing to install, try these steps:
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
- Navigate to Insider content > Sea of Thieves.
- Select Manage.
- Select Unenroll.
- Return to the Sea of Thieves page in the Xbox Insider Hub, and select Join.
- Try the installation again.
If you are still experiencing issues, please follow the steps Here to create a new local administrator account. Once created, sign into the Store and the Insider Hub with your Gamertag and try the installation again.
If these steps do not work, raise a ticket with our Customer Services Team