The Sea of Thieves pioneer sessions are covered by an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) which all players must sign during the Insider Programme sign-up process. You can view the complete NDA at aka.ms/SoTNDA.
We often get asked what the NDA means, so here are a few rules that you need to follow:
- DO NOT stream the game on Mixer, Twitch or other streaming platforms.
- DO NOT record footage or take pictures of any part of the game, for any reason.
- DO NOT allow others to watch you play the game.
- DO NOT allow others to play the game using your account.
- DO NOT play the game if you are under the age of 18.
- DO NOT discuss the game with others outside of the official Pioneer programme hub
- DO ensure that your Gamertag and console are secured with a password or PIN.
You can find more information on securing your Gamertag and console here.
Please be aware that the NDA is a legally-binding contract between yourself and Microsoft that you signed when joining the Insider Programme and have agreed to abide by. If you violate the NDA, you may be removed from the pioneer programme, the Insider Programme and the Xbox Live Club. In extreme cases, actions can be levied against your Xbox Live account.
If you have questions, or would like to report a violation of the NDA, please contact our Customer Services Team by using the buttons below.