Welcome to our Support Page! Here you will find all the information required to install 'Sea of Thieves Technical Closed Beta' onto your Xbox One console. These steps also work on the Xbox One S and Xbox One X consoles.
Here's a few things to check before getting started:
- Only YOUR Gamertag is signed into your Xbox One. If you have other accounts signed in (including friends and family), the game will not appear in the Insider Hub, and you cannot join the game.
- Your Gold Membership is active. You will need Gold Membership to play in the Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha as it is a multiplayer game.
Now that you've checked all of the above, let's get going.
There are three stages from start to finish: Install the Insider Hub, find Sea of Thieves in the Hub and finally install the game from the Hub and Store. Follow the steps below:
- On your Xbox One, head to the Store
- Search for and install the Xbox Insider Hub
- Launch the Hub and you'll find Sea of Thieves waiting for you listed under "Insider content"
- Click the icon which will take you through to the Store page
- Install as you would any other game.
If the game does not appear in the Insider Hub, check the prerequisites above. If the game is still not showing, or is failing to install, try these steps:
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
- Navigate to Insider content > Sea of Thieves.
- Select Manage.
- Select Unenroll.
- Return to the Sea of Thieves page in the Xbox Insider Hub, and select Join.
- Try the installation again.
If these steps do not work, raise a ticket with our Customer Services Team.