Real Money Purchasing
Are you wanting to use real world money instead of Ancient Coins to purchase a specific item from within the Pirate Emporium? Well Sea of Thieves will now offer you just that!
This will not affect users who wish to continue purchasing items using Ancient Coins which either have been brought through Ancient Coin bundle packs or found in-game via Ancient Skeletons. Effectively this is just an alternative payment method in which you can purchase premium items.
To complete a purchase of an item from the Emporium using real world money please follow the process below:
- Once you have entered the Pirate Emporium as normal (this is both from the Main Menu or when in-game), highlight the item which you wish to purchase.
- Notice within the tooltips at the bottom of the screen that you now have the option to ‘Toggle Currency’? This is the option which will allow you to specify whether you wish to use Ancient Coins or real world money. By default, this is still set to Ancient Coins, but one click of the ‘Toggle Currency’ button and the pricing will change.
- Now that you have selected the desired currency to complete the purchase, click the item itself to select it.
- You will now be shown the item in a pop up style window which will confirm the item itself and its description as well as highlight the desired payment method and cost in From here you can click ‘Close’ to cancel the transaction and return to the Emporium, or ‘Buy’ to proceed to the next step.
- If you clicked ‘Buy’, you will be shown another confirmation message to ensure that you do which to purchase the item. You can either click ‘No’ to cancel the transaction and return to the Emporium, or ‘Yes’ to proceed to the payment confirmation.
- Depending on your platform in which you are playing Sea of Thieves, you will be shown the relevant payment confirmation screen for that platform. Once again you can close these payment screens if you do not wish to proceed with the purchase. Otherwise, once all details are confirmed correct, simply proceed through the transaction screens.
- After a brief loading screen as currencies are counted, you will now be shown a purchase completion and description message of your item.
- Also, when you return to the Emporium, the purchased item will now be in your inventory with the store item itself showing a green tick for the completed transaction.
Please Note – Steam users will now be prompted to reboot their title before the items can be added into their inventory.
Unable to complete purchase
If the purchase amount has been taken from your bank account but you do not receive the item and you are instead displayed one of the following error messages:
"Unable to complete your purchase, Ancient Coins have been added to your account instead. Please contact Microsoft Store Support if you require a refund."
"Unable to complete your purchase, Ancient Coins have been added to your account instead. Please contact Steam Support if you require a refund."
You will be granted the equivalent Ancient Coins for the purchases to your in-game wallet where you can then use the coins to purchase the desired item at a later date. As stated in the error message itself, if this is not an ideal solution and you wish to receive a refund instead, please contact:
¿Te ha resultado útil este artículo
¿Sigues necesitando soporte?
Crea una solicitud de soporte para nuestro equipo.