The Ashbeard error can be caused by one of two ways:
1) Player is not signed into Xbox Live.
Make sure you have a valid internet connection and sign in. For further support on signing in use the links below.
Xbox: Sign in Instructions
2) Player has disabled their Xbox Live services (PC). Player is experiencing error: (0X409 0X80070422) in the Xbox App.
1) Press the Windows Key
2) Type in Services and press ENTER
3) Match the Xbox Services to what is listed below.
To do this:
- Right click any services that do not match and select Properties.
- Change the Startup type to match the image above.
If your problem is not resolved please make sure to check the xbox live status and the game server status using the links below.
Xbox Status: Xbox Live Status
Sea of Thieves Status: Sea of Thieves Status
For further support please contact Customer Support using the buttons below.