Configuring Text to Speech Game Transcription
Sea of Thieves supports Text to Speech transcription. With this enabled you’ll be able to hear what other pirates type in the chat and also hear descriptions of the emotes they do.
Previously this feature was only compatible with the Xbox platform setting. We now offer the ability to override the platform setting completely. Those who prefer to use the platform can continue to do so.
To override the platform setting and enable Text-to-Speech from within Sea of Thieves:
- Navigate to Settings – Language
- Move down to the section titled Text and Speech
- Change Text-To-Speech Override
- Not Overridden: game will use Xbox platform settings
- Enabled: Text-To-Speech will be forced on regardless of Xbox platform settings
- Disabled Text-To-Speech will be forced off regardless of Xbox platform settings
Did you find this article helpful
Still Need Help?
Raise a support request with one of our team.