Steam Invites - Sending / receiving Invites between Steam users
As Sea of Thieves utilises Xbox Live functionality within Steam, the process for sending and receiving game session invites between Steam users is different from what is normally expected. For example, you can no longer select a Friend through the Steam Friends List and send an invite. And likewise, you will not receive an invite in that manner either.
But fear not, detailed below are the ways in which you can send and receive invites between users on the Steam platform.
Ensure the correct accounts are signed in
- Please check that the account which you wish to play Sea of Thieves on is logged in to the Windows Store and Xbox Console Companion app. If you do not have the correct profiles signed in then invites may not work.
- Launch Sea of Thieves through Steam.
- If you have not done so already, when prompted during the boot process, sign in your gamer profile which is signed into the Windows Store and Console Companion app. Also link this account to Steam when prompted.
Sending Invites from a game lobby
- At the main menu, select the desired game mode and proceed to the lobby.
- Once in the game lobby, you will notice the option in the bottom left corner of the screen to Invite Friends. Either click that option or press 1 on the keyboard.
- This will now display your friends list and you can now invite friends as normal.
- Alternatively you can also send invites through the Windows Game Bar while in the lobby. To do this, in the lobby either press Win+G or the Guide button on a controller to view the Game Bar. Then once viewing the Game Bar overlay, from the 'Xbox Social' section right click the desired profile and select 'Invite to Game' from the drop down list.
- On a sidenote: You can add friends to your friends list either through the Windows Game bar or Windows Console Companion App.
Sending invites when in-game
- Once in gameplay, press the Esc key to enter the pause menu.
- Viewing the list of options, select My Crew.
- Notice the option in the bottom left corner of the screen to Invite Friends. Either click that option or press 1 on the keyboard.
- This will now display your friends list and you can invite friends as normal.
- Alternatively you can also send invites through the Windows Game Bar while in-game. As above, when viewing the Game Bar overlay in-game right click the desired profile from the 'Xbox Social' section and select 'Invite to Game' from the drop down list.
There are few different methods in which you can accept invites for joining users on other platforms as well.
- When in-game, any invites received will be displayed in a pop up message within Sea of Thieves. Accepting this message will then forward you to the game as normal. This invite will also be present within your Xbox Game Bar.
- Outside of the game the invite will be available within your Xbox Game Bar.
Joining through the Friends list without an Invite
The Windows Game Bar will also allow you to join another users game session regardless of whether the other player is in a lobby or in-game as long as your profiles are Friends. This can also be performed in or outside of the game.
- Open the Windows Game Bar. Then from the 'Xbox Social' section, right click the desired profile and select 'Join Game' from the drop down list.
- If performed outside of the game, Sea of Thieves will now boot.
- A message will be displayed about joining the other users game. Simply selecting 'Yes' to confirm will then forward you to that session.
Please Note: Joining others through the Friends List in the Xbox Companion App for Steam profiles
- This will result in the 'Purchase again?' screen being shown for the Microsoft Store on the Xbox Console Companion App. This is due to the process being associated with the Windows 10 Store version rather than the Steam platform version at this time.
Avez-vous trouvé cet article utile
Articles à la une
Toujours besoin d'aide ?
Envoyez une demande d'assistance à nos équipes.