Windows / Steam - My controller is not functioning in game
If you are experiencing an issue where your controller is not functioning within the Windows / Steam versions of Sea of Thieves, please try the following:
- Check whether your controller is working for another title from within the Windows Store / Steam.
- If the controller is working within other titles from those Store, you may need to perform a reset of your Sea of Thieves data. To do this:
Reset your copy of Sea of Thieves (Windows Store Version)
- Press the Windows Key
- Type in Apps and Features
- Select Sea of Thieves
- Advanced Options
- Select Reset
Verify integrity of local game files (Steam)
- In Steam, right click Sea of Thieves from your games list
- Select Properties from the context menu
- From the Properties menu select Local Files
- Click 'Verify Integrity of Local Game Files...'
- If the controller is not working for other titles and the reset does not solve your issue the next step is to check whether your controller drivers are up to date. This can be accomplished by:
- Plug the controller in.
- Press the Windows Key and then type Device Manager.
- Scroll down and find your controller device. For this example we will use the 'Xbox 360 Peripherals' option.
- Click it to expand the dropdown list.
- Right Click your device, again for this example it is Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
- Select Update Driver and choose Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software
- Reboot Sea of Thieves and try the controller again.
Did you find this article helpful
Still Need Help?
Raise a support request with one of our team.