Troubleshooting: Ashbeard error - Player is not signed into xbox live
1) The player is not signed in to Xbox Live.
Make sure you have a valid internet connection and sign in. For further support on signing in use the links below.
Xbox: Sign in Instructions
The Player has disabled their Xbox Live services (PC). Player is experiencing error: (0X409 0X80070422) in the Xbox App.
1) Press the Windows Key
2) Type in Services and press ENTER
3) Match the Xbox Services to what is listed below.
To do this:
- Right-click any services that do not match and select Properties.
- Change the Startup type to match the image above.
- Open your start menu
- Type Internet Options and click the item that appears
- Click the Connections tab
- Click the LAN Settings button
- Check if there is anything in the Address box in the Proxy server section. If there is, see below.
- Untick all the tick/checkboxes apart from the top one, which should be ticked. (see below)
- Press OK twice.
NOTE: There are very few reasons to have a proxy server set at home. If you have one set in the box shown above you might have malware on your machine. You should run a scan from a reputable anti-malware package as simply removing the proxy server using the steps above will not be enough to remove it.
If the LAN Settings box IS disabled, and you ARE at home, you can do the following:
1)Press the Windows Key
2)Type in Notepad and press ENTER to open it
3) Paste in the below
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel]
4. Save the file to your desktop by going to File then Save as, then navigating to the Desktop. Type in "FixAshbeard.reg" including double quotes and click Save.
5. Go to your desktop and double click the file. You'll be asked for confirmation to apply it.
If your problem is not resolved please make sure to check the Xbox live status and the game server status using the links below.
Xbox Status: Xbox Live Status
Sea of Thieves Status: Sea of Thieves Status
For further support please contact Customer Support using the buttons below.
Did you find this article helpful
Still Need Help?
Raise a support request with one of our team.