Windows / Steam - Store is currently unavailable
If you are experiencing the above error message, there are a few potential different reasons as to why this is occurring. In an attempt to solve this problem please try the following:
Checking The Services Status
The first step is to confirm whether Xbox Live or Sea of Thieves is experiencing any service-related issues or errors. These can be checked here:
Ensuring Accounts Are Signed In Correctly
You could also be logged into the Microsoft Store on an account which does not own Sea of Thieves or a Game Pass. Please ensure that you have the correct account signed in to the Windows Store as well as the Xbox Console Companion app / Xbox (Beta) app. You can further confirm the correct account when you are prompted to sign in during the purchasing process. To confirm this:
- Press the Windows Key.
- Type in Store and press Enter.
- Ensure you are logged into the Microsoft Store on the account that owns Sea of Thieves or Game Pass.
For Steam users, this must be the account which you have linked between Xbox Live and your Steam Profile.
Please Note: When playing via Game Share
If you do not own the game and are playing via Game Share on PC you will be unable to buy Ancient Coins in-game. Instead, you will need to follow the below method:
- Head to Sea of Thieves Microsoft Store page HERE.
- Ensure you are signed in to the account in which you intend to play Sea of Thieves.
- Scroll down the page to Add-ons.
- Select and purchase the desired ancient coin pack.
- Log back into the Sea of Thieves to find your ancient coins.
Resetting your Windows Store and Sea of Thieves
Once you have confirmed that the correct accounts are signed in and you are still having the issue, performing a reset of your Windows Store and Sea of Thieves may also solve the issue. Resetting the Windows Store which will clear it's cache and refresh your library and permissions. This can be achieved by:
Resetting the Store
- Close the Windows Store app if you have it open
- Press the Windows key and type "wsreset", without quotes
- Right-Click on the command wsreset and click "Run as Administrator" from the context menu. If the Windows permission box appears, click "Yes" or "Run"
- A black MS Dos screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
- Reopen the store and sign back in the correct profile from the previous step
Resetting Sea of Thieves (Windows Store Version)
- Press the Windows Key
- Type in Apps and Features
- Select Sea of Thieves
- Advanced Options
- Select Reset
Resetting Sea of Thieves (Steam Version)
- In Steam, right click Sea of Thieves from your games list
- Select Properties from the context menu
- From the Properties menu select Local Files
- Click 'Verify Integrity of Local Game Files...'
If none of the above allows you access to the Emporium, you will need to investigate further into a possible cause. We would recommend that you check the following:
- Reboot your Router
- Ensuring that your PC is set up to the correct region in which you play Sea of Thieves.
- Check that your copy of Windows is up to date
- Attempt to use a LAN cable for connecting directly to your router instead of Wifi or using a network bridge in-between your router and PC
- Disable any VPNs which may be in use
- Try disabling your anti-virus or firewall. If you can access the Stores after this step you will need to change your application whitelisting for Sea of Thieves or Windows Store
- In your Router settings turn off IPV6
- Also in the Router settings turn your NAT to open
- Turn off Teredo on selected routers
- Ensure that you have all the open ports in your router for connecting to Xbox LIVE (see linked article below)
- As a test, are you able to access a different internet connection such as tethering to a mobile phone and seeing whether you can access the online stores through that method?
- it may also be worth contacting your ISP to see if they are blocking any of your network traffic
Should you still not be able to find your ancient coins beyond this please select the 'Raise a support request' button below for further assistance.
Did you find this article helpful
Still Need Help?
Raise a support request with one of our team.