Error 0x8007139F or 0x00000001 occurs when installing, updating or launching Sea of Thieves via Gamepass on Windows
When you try to install, update, or launch Sea of Thieves (or any Xbox Game Pass game) on your Windows device, you’re redirected to the Microsoft Store page for Gaming Services. When you try to install or update Gaming Services, you see the following error code and message:
Something Unexpected Happened
Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help.
You may also see error code 0x00000001 in the Xbox app when you try to install or update a game.
This likely means that there was an issue with a recent Windows update.
Microsoft/Xbox are aware of an issue and further troubleshooting can be found via Xbox Support's dedicated article
- The Pirate Perks program
- ‘The Quest for Guybrush’ – Checkpoints Explained
- Unable to enter the support portal or raise a support request?
- Unable to view player ship names
- Captain's Logbooks content appears blurry / washed out
- Battle for the Sea of Thieves - Matchmaking taking too long?
- Naming your ship
- Spitting Contest Emote Removal
- Updates to security features
- Purchasing remaining Sea Dogs Company Rewards and Cosmetics
- Social Swag - How to claim your items
- Gilded Voyages - Unable to purchase a Gilded Voyage for a specific Trading Company
- Captain Jack Sparrow classic costume 'Wiggle' emote
- Legendary Season Rewards Exclusivity
- Trade Routes FAQ
- Replacement Midnight Blunderbuss codes
- Replacement Ferryman Set codes
- How to Claim Twitch Drops
- Redeeming Purchases through the correct platforms Store
- Real Money Purchasing
- Sea of Thieves Pirate Code and Community Code of Conduct
- Xbox One - Store is currently unavailable
- Accessing the Sea of Thieves Website / Forums - Xbox Live account is required
- What regions can I purchase Sea of Thieves in?
- My settings keep resetting to default whenever I launch the game
- Uncapped framerates causing microstutters
- I receive a Copperbeard error when I ALT+Tab
- How to redeem perks from Game Pass Ultimate
- Battle for the Sea of Thieves - Matchmaking against differing ranked crews
- Spatial Audio Support